Wed, 13 Sept|
Damascus Knife Making Workshop
Make your own 50 layers, damascus chefs knife
Time & Location
13 Sept, 09:30 – 14 Sept, 17:00
Kingdom Forge, The St, Brundish, Woodbridge IP13 8BL, UK
About The Workshop
Knife Making Workshop is all about making your own kitchen knife in the professional and creative environment. No matter how much skill or knowledge you have, you can participate in this workshop. I have designed a comfortable program where all participants receive help according to their abilities.
By the end of the workshop, you will make yourself a chef knife of your own that is worth around £300
The class is run by me and over two days I will walk you through all of the steps needed to forge your knife. Creating a perfect chance to try out or improve all the basic techniques of bladesmithing.
Day 1, 9.30AM to 17PM
- Health and safety introduction
- Preparing the billet
- Fire welding the damascus stock and forging with power hammer
- Forging a knife with hand hammer and sledge hammer
- Heat treatment
Day 2, 9.30AM to 17PM
- Hardening and tempering the knives
- Grinding and linishing
- Etching the pattern on the damascus knife
- Preparing the handle
All levels of experience are welcome.
The forge workshop space is located in Brundish in the heart of the beautiful Suffolk countryside.
1. Please make sure to check the shipping options to avoid getting charged for it.
2. I will provide you with safety glasses and ear protection but an odd blister or burn can happen.
3. Wear clothes that you don't mind getting dirty.
4. Knifemaking is exhausting, so make sure to bring lunch, I have plenty of tea, coffee, and biscuits.
5. You must be over 18's only, due to health and safety reasons.
The very nature of Blacksmithing means that you will be undertaking sustained heavy work during the course. In order for us to ascertain your suitability to attend one of our courses, we need to ask a few questions before the workshop starts. You are free to decline to answer, in which case we reserve the right to cancel any course you may have signed up for, and any fees paid will be returned to you.
Knife Making Workshop